Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Efficency Expert

Rule one when setting out to hire an efficiency expert is to first know who you already have on staff. Or at least read their resume. There really was a reason this person was hired, and while she has a great phone voice, that wasn't it! Honest.

It became apparent that my boss has no idea of what my work experience is. Not even the barest hint. Of course, I was really hired by people who are no longer there, and whose duties I now perform. But didn't he ever wonder if I could do them?

I guess not. And so we have an expert come in, from Germany, to our little company to show us how to be more effective employees. A more effective company. For the same price, I could have upgraded our software system to the new version with Handheld that sync with the server for all of our crews and managers. Thus reducing redundant data entry crap and freeing up time for more important things, like actually READING the efficiency report that has been sitting in your in box for 2 1/2 months!

(pant, pant, pant) Okay. Sorry, had to get that rant out. Better on here than at work. Plus side is, I think the expert want to offer me a job. I'll give him a copy of my resume, along with my boss.



No comments:

Post a Comment