Saturday, February 13, 2010

Electric Bill

Boy, is the power company's estimate off. $629.37. My very first electric bill.

I don't think so.

They "estimated" my first bill. How exactly do they do that when they have no previous data of usage? Cause I really think they pulled a number out of their dreams. With the amount of wool in my new house acting as extra insulation, a candle can maintain the indoor temp. Plus the wood stove, the all florescent or led lights that were installed, the energy efficient skylights, the door and window weather proofing I did that has effectively hermetically sealed the house.

And they think my usage is how much?!
Original Reading (actual) 12/08/09 = 2249
Estimated 02/05/10(during blizzard) = 9260

Estimate usage= 7011

Current ACTUAL reading as of today =2259
And I read the sucker three times and checked for other meters that are unknown to me. Nope. This is it.


Now, What does this read to all of you? I do not see this reading anything close to 9260. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment